Monday, February 24, 2014

Wendy's new Ciabatta Bacon Cheeseburger

Each weekend when my daughters and I head out for our weekend errands, we stop some place and eat lunch.  This past weekend was Wendy's, and I decided to try their new Ciabatta Bacon Cheeseburger.  It is advertized as a quarter-pound of hot 'n juicy beef topped with roasted, chopped tomatoes, creamy, rosemary garlic aioli, fresh spring mix, natural Asiago cheese and applewood-smoked bacon between a toasted Ciabatta bun.
I have to say I was very disappointed, the roasted, chopped tomatoes gave it a flavor cross between marinara and brushetta, I had only one leaf of spring mix, and the bacon might as well not have been on it as well as the rosemary garlic aioli since all I tasted was the tomatoes.  The burger itself was good as well as the bun, and I would much rather have had a regular bacon cheeseburger on a ciabatta bun than this souped up version that fell way under its advertizements.  . 
It is also quite possible the fail was due to the location I had it at which was 310 MacDade Blvd in Folsom, PA. I will not be ordering this sandwich again.

Comment below and let me know if you have tried this burger and what your thoughts on it was.  I am eager to hear. 

No comments: