Saturday, April 7, 2012

24 May 2008

The most scariest day of my life May 24, 2008 from myspace blogs. Lila went to the store... Current mood: thankful Well, some of you already know, but for all those that dont.... One Tuesday May 20th 2008, Lila was napping downstairs and Eric was upstairs. He came down to check on her and she was gone. The front door was open. He ran outside and franticly calling her name ran around the entire apt complex looking for her, asking everyone in sight. Not even he is sure how long he spent doing that. But at around 1pm he called me and said "Dont freak out on me but, Lila is missing" and of course that is exactly what I did. I screamed "What?" which immediately promted the "settle down" that my boss always gives me when I get loud or upset. Most of the time he is only joking but this time I ignored him as Eric was telling me what happened. Said he had already involved the neighbors and office, and the office was calling the police. I immediately broke down into screaming tears that the whole lab heard. I told him he better find her and then dropped the phone. By that time Gina and Ben were both over at my desk and Gina hung up my phone. Now, he didnt tell me not to freak out cause he knew I would. But he was already paniced and frantic himself and also feeling guilty as hell cause she did it when he was supposed to be watching her. He didnt want me to take the screaming at him stance. But there was no time for that. Ben asked me if I wanted him to take me home, and of course I did. As soon as I was making progress to an end I was able to stop my screaming crying and actually think a little. At the car Ben asked if there is anything he can do, and I said yeah, to drive me around so I could look for her. She is only 3. My first and only thoughts really was she is at the store. We have a small drug store on our corner of the street that is realitively safe to get to, meaning no roads to cross and only about a minutes walking distance away. I asked Ben for his cell phone to call Eric and let him know I was on my way home and I was gonna check the store. He was out driving around in our car. I had him on the phone when I entered the store and there she was walking down the aisle with a police officer. I ran to her and hugged her and cried harder than I have ever cried in my life. There is nothing so scary as to know that your three year old child is out on the streets by herself and to not know if she was safe or not. I have never been that scared in my whole life. But I guess every situation is not without a small bit of comedy. As Ben told me after I calmed down that I could have the rest of the day off. To which I replied "Do you think?" As if that question was actually in doubt. The cop took my name and adress but that was all and went on his merry way. I did thank him and tried to hug him for finding her but I didnt put Lila down to do it, so it was a little awkward. I took Lila home and proceeded to talk with her about why what she did was so wrong. Which of course she didnt get, she was after all only going to the store which she saw no harm in at all. But eventually pressed into her to not go outside by herself again. And, at least we did finally get the chain lock for the door like we have wanted although one of the maintence men said they didnt have one, but luckly for us the other said yes. The bitch of it all was there was a child lock on the door. One of those plastic covers you have to squeeze to turn the door knob. But I guess as with the aspirin bottles they are really adult locks and we need our children to open them. LMAO! I am just glad she was where I knew her to be and just proves to myself that all those people and all those years were wrong about me and even though I spend alot of time away from home and even some time at home not with my kids I do still KNOW my children. I am still connected to my children cause when it came right down to it, I knew where she was and found her exactly there. Thank you to those few people who helped in our half an hour scare of our lives. And thank you to that guardian angel looking over my baby. She is home safe with out any of the millions of nasty things that could have happened, happening to her. For that I am grateful for every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gday susanjournalonline.blogspot.com blogger discovered your site via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://xrumerservice.org they claim they managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective backlinks service Take care. Jason