Thursday, March 27, 2014

27 March 2014

So, alot has happened in the past few weeks since I last wrote to you.  Many of you are now aware of my plans and also the tragedy that struck our family last year.  We are all recovering well and continue to strive each day to move forward with our lives.  It is a fight each day to get some kind of normalcy without professional therapy.  Don't get me wrong, I do not have a problem with therapy but its not for my daughter.  Therapy will not help her.  I have some skills from trying to help myself so I can help her in some ways.  Therapy will only make this more tragic than it already is. I don't want her reliving this every session.  If I was a less involved mother or if she was out in the world on her own, or her problems were too big for me then I would be taking her.  But none of that is true.  Getting her home where the air is cleaner, she has more physical support, and a more normal routine is gonna be very helpful.  It will also help Lila and I.  I love my Aunt, so much more than I though I could and I owe her more than I could ever repay, but I need this almost as much as the girls do.  I will miss alot here in Pennsylvania, some of these kids among the most, but this is what is best for us.  I am hoping for a yearly trip for my Aunt's piggy roast on the second Saturday in September each year.  It will be great to be able to see everyone each year. 

I plan on moving our family back to Orlando at the end of June.  I am aiming for July 2nd to be my last day at work and probably leave before weekend traffic.  I am a bit nervous about driving on the highway since I am not comfortable with high speeds and heavy traffic.  I bought a new truck last Saturday.  It is a huge red Dodge pickup truck with an extended cab and 8 ft bed with a topper.  Its a beast and a gas guzzler, but I am sure it will get me home.  It rides real smooth and has been taken well care of by one family since it was new in 1991.  Its gotta carburetor so I have to remember to pump the gas before I start it each day but I got a strong battery.  I'm getting some new tires put on at inspection and a mechanic friend will be doing itty bitty work to it to get it ready for the long trip.  I have been driving it to and from work, (even though I am not supposed to since it doesn't have a current inspection) just so it doesn't sit for a week until then and I can get used to the size of the truck.  I am getting more comfortable with it each day and am falling in love with it.  My girls are liking it too. 

I am wanting to visit a few people on my way down.  I would love to see Grandpa Dave, my Mom, some friends in Chattanooga, and my friends and almost step-daughters and nieces in Tallahassee.  I wont be in a rush to arrive in Orlando so taking my time visiting people should be good. It will also give my truck some down time and not a straight run through.  A stop in DC for the historical scenery might be something I stick in there too.  It is a stop that we wanted to make in 2010 when we went down to Orlando from Iowa but the jeep tried to break down on us so we just made a run for it.  I will have everything I want to take with me in the back of the truck.  It will be really refreshing to have no crap weighing me down.  I am gonna apply for a teaching certificate in Florida and apply for a kindergarten job for the 2014-2015 school year.  With my bachelors and experience I should be accepted.

I am taking donations from people at my PayPal for anyone who wants to help us out with the trip or survival after we arrive in Orlando until I get on my feet.  Just hit the donate button and send some money.  I have 15 weeks before I leave.  After talking about and planning this trip for the past year, to count in the number of weeks is a bit scary and exhilarating. 




Any help is appreciated, there are other ways you can help too if you don't want to send money.  If you love Mary Kay, you can visit my website www.marykay.com/seldridge13 and pick out some cosmetics you love.  Mary Kay has some really great products and I am a new Mary Kay consultant.  You can live anywhere and order on my website, I will just ship it to your door.  If you know anyone who might like Mary Kay, direct them to my website.

You could also check out my ebay page, http://www.ebay.com/usr/eldsha.8gor5us  where I am selling anything I can (mostly movies) to unload what I don't want to take with me. 

Another way you can help is by sharing my blog (http://graphittienterprise.blogspot.com/) or youtube account (https://www.youtube.com/user/SHAIANNNA) with as many of your friends as you can.  I have an adsense account which is linked to my blog and youtube accounts.  The more people view, share, and like my videos and blogs they more money I make. 

Want something made by my own hands??  Visit my etsy page.  https://www.etsy.com/people/shaiannna?ref=si_pr 

As you can see, I have alot of ways I am trying to make money and fund my trip.  Anything you can do would be appreciated.  I will even take prayers for a safe arrival for me, my passengers, my truck, and all our belongings if that is all you can do.  No effort is too small. 

My to do list is still kinda large and keeps growing each time I scratch something off, but I am getting things done.  I am almost ready.  Everything is almost done except to mark time and get my Aunt and DM ready for my departure.  Really the only thing I need left is the inspection and work to the truck. Anything else can be done after I leave.  I can feel my future unfolding as I watch.  Some days are bad, some days are good.  But at least we ARE having good days. 

Time to jump off.  You've been updated!!  Back soon to let you in again. 

No comments: