Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Letter to Ridley School District regarding iPad

 Here is a copy of the letter I plan on sending to my daughter's school office and the superintendent's office.  Let me know what you think, and feel free to copy and use my letter for your own use just sub your child's name for mine. 

To whom it may concern:

In regards to the Ridley School District distribution of iPads to all students. This is a formal withdrawal from the iPad Rental program.

I do not wish my child, Lila (insert school, teacher, and grade), to borrow an iPad for home use, nor use one inside her classrooms. I will not allow her to accept responsibility for a device that does not belong to her nor a device that costs more than my weekly paycheck. I neither have the resources nor the desire to take responsibility for anything that does not belong to me or my child. I will NOT sign a hold harmless agreement, I will NOT hold harmless Ridley School district or (her school) from any personal injury due to my child because some unrelated individuals think she may have an iPad in her bag.
If (her school), any teacher, or Ridley School district allows my child to touch, use, or borrow an iPad that does not belong to her or me it will be with the understanding that the person allowing my child to do so is being held responsible, since this is against parental wishes.

On a side note: I do own an iPad that Lila may borrow for homework at home under my direct supervision. Any assignment that requires technology use needs to be sent home and I will supervise her use of my personal iPad. I believe Lila is too young for free range, unsupervised use of an iPad which is why we bought her a Nabi instead of an iPad months ago under a Best Buy associates recommendation. She may bring, and has, her Nabi to school and use that. It is a kid-friendly alternative to the Apple iPad.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me

My name
Phone Number
email address

No comments: